Our new house, as I said in a previous post I think, was a foreclosure so a few cosmetic things had to be done. There was lots of painting to be done. I, with a little "help" from Bryn and Maryn, painted the office, their rooms and the two bathrooms. Most of the help came from Maryn as Bryn would much rather play than help. Last week I was just finishing up painting the upstairs bathroom when I came downstairs to check on the girls. I can't find Maryn so I look a little more. She is in the downstairs bathroom, the one I had just painted, with a screwdriver putting on the outlet plates. And, she had them on. She told me she "just wanted to be helpful".
Another reason that we love our new house is how close it is to the girls' schools. We can actually walk to both of them. Yesterday, both Bryn and I had to take Maryn to preschool. Maryn's preschool is about 3 blocks away so I let the girls drive their little jeep. That was priceless and I only wish I had my camera. It started in the garage. Maryn told Bryn she could drive. So, Bryn jumps in and starts driving down the driveway. Maryn yells "stop Bryn" (Bryn likes to drive the fastest speed which isn't too fast but just enough so that she is not quite in control). Maryn then gets out of the jeep and says "I'll get back in when you are on the road." Bryn then drove Maryn to her school. Maryn got out and said "thanks for the ride Bryn". Bryn says "your welcome Maryn. See you later." It was hilarious.
2 comments:
that is absolutely priceless about the jeep ride. Arianna always wanted one of those, but living on a hill - it just didn't make sense.
Wow - your fridge sounds awesome! Have you figured out your favorite amount of water? :) And I love the story about Maryn screwing on the outlet covers - that's great she could do it by herself! What a helper!
Post a Comment