Wednesday mornings we have gymnastics. (See the pictures below.) The gym is a 15 to 20 minute drive from our house so I get to listen to ALL Bryn's thoughts on the way over. (Sometimes I get to hear a bit of Maryn's too.) Today the conversation perfectly depicted my little girls.
Bryn was sitting in her seat discussing her plans for the future. She told me she was going to graduate from high school and then graduate from the college that Uncle Mick graduated from (Montana State). From there, she wanted to be 6 things when she gets 'older'. (You have to keep in mind that this is a constant stream of talking, I have no time to comment or even say anything.) First, she would like to be a doctor, and then a dance teacher. She thought for a moment and then decided she had 4 more things to choose so she went on with her list. She was then going to be an actor and a rock star. Finally, she wanted to be someone famous and then a dog walker. I thought she was done there but no she wasn't. After those professions, she was going to move to China. I told her that was too far away--note that I finally got a word in. I told her she couldn't move that far from her mother. She said "but you live a long ways from your mom." and then she said "it's okay mom, after I have darlings (her word for children) I will come visit you and then you can come back with me." I tried to get a word in but she continued "see mom, you have never been to China so aren't you glad I will move there so you can visit?" I still didn't get in a word because Maryn piped in quickly and loudly (she has learned to get a word in when she can) "Mom, I'll live with you forever."
No comments:
Post a Comment