This weekend we decided that it was time to retire our old couch. Ian and I had been noticing that we won't sit on the couch without having a blanket or something between us and the couch. We have had 'the couch' since Bryn was born. It has made it through many throw ups and other unmentionable occasions. (Sorry for the image for those of you that have sat on 'the couch'). It was supposed to be a stain-resistant couch but we have found that there is in fact a limit on the number of stains that are included in the term stain-resistant. So, as we sat together on the couch Friday we decided it was time for a new couch. We headed to the furniture store (well a couple of stores) on Saturday and purchased our couch and a new entertainment center to take the place of the 80's style tv center that we have. It won't be delivered for a few more weeks so hopefully we will post pictures then. The girls were troupers through the shopping trip although Bryn kept saying in her dramatic voice "but I love our old couch" as she would fake a tear.
In other events, Maryn had to get her 4 year old immunizations today. (I have learned a lesson, never take a dramatic child to the immunization appointment of her sibling.) Maryn did fine. She cried a little but Bryn decided (after I placed her on a chair out of view of the immunizations) that she had to watch the entire thing. She eased her way around the nurses to get a full view. I didn't even notice until she exploded into a full blown crying session while yelling "this reminds me of my 'pokes' (from 2 years ago) and now I can feel them hurting". So calm Maryn, who just got the actual "pokes", had to go over to console her older sister.
I am ending with a picture of the girls. This is a picture that I took tonight. The girls go to a day camp once in a while and the theme a few weeks ago was fairy tales. They made crowns so we have been cutting out and designing crowns for a while now.
No comments:
Post a Comment