Monday, July 28, 2008

Fairmont

This past weekend we met up with all the McDaniels at Fairmont Hot Springs. The girls had a great time swimming and seeing their cousins. Maryn was especially excited to go down the waterslides. She was so funny. She began her waterslide marathon by taking me down the slide with her. She finally told me that she didn't want to go down the slides with any adults. I am not sure why but she wouldn't go down with me anymore. She found Dillon (Ginny's son) and got him to take her down, and down, and down the slide. When he got tired she moved to Kellan (JoAnn's son), then Samone (Ginny's daughter) and then JoAnn (Ian's sister) (see the next paragraph as to why Maryn went with JoAnn after she specifically said she didn't want to go with any adults). 
While at Fairmont Ian and I were able to get out to go running. On Friday evening, JoAnn, Ginny (Ian's sister) and I were going to go running after Ian and RS (Ian's brother) got back from a run. (We needed someone to watch the girls so we couldn't go all at once.) I needed to get my running stuff on so I asked JoAnn and Ginny if they would watch Bryn while Maryn and I went up to the room so I could get my running clothes on. As Maryn and I were walking to our room, Maryn, our very responsible child, said 'mom, you promised never to leave us without an adult'. I assured her that I wouldn't. She continued, 'but mom, you just left Bryn without an adult'. I told her that no, I left her with JoAnn and Ginny. To which she replied, 'but they aren't adults". I guess now I wonder what her definition of adult is.
Here are a few pictures of our swimming.




No comments: