Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Soccer


I'll attempt to play catch up again before Maryn and I head off to pick up Bryn from school. The girls decided that they wanted to try out soccer this spring. It has been an interesting experience. Even if the girls haven't learned a lot--I have. I'll try to recap some of the lessons:
#1. Even 5 year olds are highly competitive--and their parents more so.
#2. It is hard to begin playing soccer at 7--most of the kids started far younger than that.
#3. When you sign up for a program that mostly uses volunteers be prepared to step in--a lot. I guess agreeing to volunteer coach means showing up when you want to. Don't get me wrong, I am glad I didn't have to coach since I know NOTHING about the sport.
#4. Yes, Boise does get cold on Saturday mornings in the spring.
#5. Signing your 7 year old up for the 8 year old league just because they have the only open spot at her school might not be the best idea--especially if your 7 year old a) has never played before and b) is small for their age anyway.

No comments: