Here are a few highlights (and I must preface the pictures with--yes, that is a black eye that Bryn has. About two weeks ago she fell off the stairs to our deck and who would guess that it would be nice and purple yellow for our trip two weeks later?):
Stuck on a roller coaster:
We were so excited that Maryn was trying out the rides this year. She was game for any and everything. from laster years experience, we did limit some of Maryn's rides though. (For those unfamiliar with last year, we arrived on Saturday night and took Bryn straight to Splash Mountain only to lose her trust in what we deemed a fun ride--she HATED it!) A few days into our trip, we convince Maryn to go on a roller coaster that I think they called the mouse trap. She loved the Mickey Mouse roller coaster in Toontown so we thought she might like this one. It made her a little nervous since the whole point of the roller coaster was to make you think that you were going over the edge. Anyway, we get up to the top and the ride breaks down--yes, it was the top. Maryn was on the edge of the roller coaster that you can only see the ground. So, we were escorted off of the top of the ride and down the ladders.
Pirates of the Caribbean:
Bryn does not like "tummy dripping" rides. These are rides that you drop fast. It had been 20 years since I had been on Pirates of the Caribbean so I didn't remember that there were drops in the ride and that it was very dark throughout the ride. We convinced Bryn to go on it and see the pirates--this was our mistake. Of course, it is dark and the boat drops and Bryn gets a little wet. As we approached the end of the ride she looks at me and says "I would never take MY kids on this ride."
Being a Princess:
Last year and this year we made reservations at Ariel's Grotto for a dinner with the princesses. Last year we let the girls pick out costumes to wear to the dinner (Bryn was Aurora and Maryn was Jasmine). This year we decided to let them pick out costumes and get their hair done (yes, I am a mother to girls but I haven't the first clue on how to fix hair besides the basic pony tail and even that is questionable). The girls were amazed at their hairstyles. After getting their hair fixed we road their favorite ride--It's a Small World. In line for the ride Bryn says "I am just like Cinderella with my hair only more beautiful." Yes, no self esteem issues there. Then Maryn accused Ian of trying to mess up her hair with his "beard". I guess I don't fix their hair enough. Once on the boat, Bryn said "mom you are going to have to learn how to do this hairstyle--you must try and try agin until you get it right." After the ride we dressed the girls in this year's costumes (Iridesssa for Bryn and Ariel for Maryn) and headed off to the dinner.
The Disney Aftermath:
We got home Wednesday evening with a lot of unpacking to do. And, since we are trying to sell our house, I wanted to get a lot of stuff picked up and put away before bed. I let the girls stay up and play while I picked up. As I am picking up I notice Bryn's bedroom door shut and her playing in there for a while. After a few minutes she came out of her room with a hula hoop and got an office chair out of the office (the chairs with wheels). She called for Maryn and had her sit on the office chair. She put the hula hoop around her and said "now, keep you hands and feet inside the boat" and she pushed Maryn though her bedroom while she sang "It's a Small World After All". Her room was decorated like the ride--well as close as she could get. But, the funniest part was as she pushed Maryn out the door. She said, "okay, Maryn, wait until the ride comes to a complete stop. Now you must disembark. I hope you enjoyed the ride." After that, our dining room is now the Pirates of the Caribbean.
No comments:
Post a Comment