Only children can be so honest. As written in a previous post, we spent Christmas at JoAnn and Kellan's house in Missoula. We had a great time and even got to enjoy a couple glasses of wine. One night, Kellan was watching the wine being consumed and said matter of factly "my mom drinks a lot of wine because it helps with her heart condition." He wasn't joking, his face was straight. So Ian says "I have heard of red wine lowering cholesteral but not helping with any heart conditions." To which Kellan responds "well then my mom must have the lowest cholesteral of anyone."
Today, Maryn and I went to Costco. We were over in the wine section where I found one of my favorite bottles of wine. I picked it up and put it in the cart. Maryn says "you're only going to get one bottle of wine?" Me, not being positive where she new what wine was, said "how did you know this is wine?" To which she replied "I have been learning a long time from grandma."
In news other than alcoholism, Bryn got to bring Ian to work yesterday. She was so excited! It was parents sharing their jobs week. He went and got to explain what he does at work with the class. When I asked her how she liked it she said "my dad is awesome." She was very happy to "share" her dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment