We have had a busy couple of weeks. It all started the week before spring break. Bryn's class decided to have an Easter Party and put me in charge of it. Top that off with Bryn's reading teacher wanting help in her classrooms, Maryn's teacher wanting help in her classroom and trying to get my class caught up. Oh and Grandma Teri decided to fly in to visit us that Thursday night. Thank goodness because I put her to work. On Friday (the 26th) I had to teach so I got up, saw the snow outside, handed grandma an umbrella so she could pick up Maryn at early release and headed off to class. When I got home Maryn and grandma were lunching which was good because we needed to head off to get Bryn's party going. We all had a great time. Bryn's class decorated visors, guessed the number of candies in a jar and had an easter egg hunt.
After the party we hurried home so Bryn could finish her homework before the girl's had their swim races. The both did great and loved it.
On Saturday the girl's and I had to take grandma back home to Washington. We loaded up the car early in the morning and headed to Ellensburg. We stayed the night there and then went to visit lots of people in Seattle (or the suburbs I guess). We met up with my childhood friend Kara and her family at the mall and soon after Mick and his girlfriend showed up. Bryn had many embarassing questions for her but we convinced her to postpone her questioning routine. From the mall we went over to Federal Way to have dinner with my cousin Mikal and her family. The girls love playing with their cousin Miranda. We stayed the night at my aunt Shonny's and headed back to Ellensburg in the morning. It was a quick trip but lots of fun to see everyone.
The rest of the week the girls and I spent at grandma's house. We spent many of the evenings at the college pool where Bryn went off her first high dive--yes you read the right--a high dive. I didn't actually think they made diving boards anymore as they seem to be eliminating all of the childhood 'toys' that we deemed most fun. I guess they might be dangerous?
After dyeing some Easter eggs the girls and I headed back to Boise.
No comments:
Post a Comment