About 2 weeks ago Maryn lost her first tooth. We hadn't planned on this since her dentist said that she would probably lose her first tooth at the same age that Bryn had which was almost 7. (Most of their developmental milestones have come at relatively the same time. They got their first teeth the same time. Sat up the same time. Crawled at the same time. Both walked at precisely 11 months.) Anyway, we were very surprised and even more surprised when she lost her second tooth on Monday. Each girl has thus far lost 2 teeth.
Other than teeth losing we have been keeping busy with Thanksgiving and Christmas activities. I had all of Thanksgiving week off from teaching so I spent it bouncing between the girl's classrooms. They each had Thanksgiving Feasts in their classrooms. Bryn had an entire turkey dinner while Maryn's class had stone soup.
A phenomenon that I had not quite prepared for once the girls got into school was playdates. I thought that once the girls got into school they would play with their friends at school (after all Bryn gets 3 recesses). But no, it has extended to after school. Most nights the neighbor girl shows up to play but other than that my calendar is full with organized playdates throughout the week. Last week Maryn went to a friend's house and made Christmas ornaments. This week we will try those out.
No comments:
Post a Comment