Monday, August 24, 2009

Ear Piercing

The girls have been asking to get their ears pierced lately. I am not quite sure where this came from but today, I finally caved. We were in the mall and for the millionth time they asked. I decided to let them because I figured at least one of them wouldn't go through with it. After all, I was honest. When they said "will it hurt?" I said "yes." We get to Claire's and I was in luck, there was a girl about 12 getting her ears pierced. In my head I am thinking "they won't go through with it after they see her reaction." I must say that I am not against their ears pierced for any reason other than the upkeep. One more thing to have to clean and take care of just exhausts me thinking about it. So, the 12 year old (maybe she was younger, I am not a good judge of age as I am learning every day), started crying. I turn ever so slightly to see the girls' faces. They had a bit of horror in their eyes. So I proceed to tell the ear piercer that they want their ears pierced and to my astonishment, Bryn jumps up on the chair. She talks non stop about every and anything while the girl gets her ready. The girl starts to pierce her ears and Bryn says "if I start to cry, just ignore me." And they pierced her ears. She doesn't cry for a second. I turn to Maryn and ask if she still wants to go and she says "yes" and jumps up on the chair. As she is getting ready to have her ears pierced Bryn is standing next to her saying (in her dramatic voice, "Maryn, it hurts terribly. I need to get away when they pierce your ears because you are definitely going to cry." And on and on.
We now have 2 sets of pierced ears and Maryn has declared "don't worry mom, I don't want my nose pierced."

3 comments:

Liz said...

wow - pierced ears - what a milestone! :) good luck with the upkeep.

Kara said...

I can't remember if I told you, but Arianna got her ears pierced back in July - in Helena at Claires too. She had been wanting to for like 2 years, but didn't want the pain. She is doing well and now plans out her outfits with earings to match.

Joyful Momma said...

Your girls are seriously the most funny girls I have ever met!! I am glad you get to capture some of their funny quotes in writing. Thanks for sharing :)